Metal braces are a popular, effective orthodontic treatment option for straightening teeth. Patients of all ages choose metal braces to achieve a beautiful smile. At Goldreich Orthodontics, we provide top-quality metal braces treatment in Plano, Texas.
How Do Metal Braces Work?
Metal braces are made of medical-grade stainless steel. They have three main components:
- Brackets: Metal brackets are attached to the surface of your teeth with a special orthodontic glue that holds them in place.
- Archwire: An archwire is a thin metal wire connecting each bracket.
- Ligatures: Ligatures are small elastics or rubber bands that secure the archwire to the brackets. They come in various colors and can be changed at each appointment.
Once the braces are on your teeth, they apply pressure that moves your teeth into proper alignment. Your orthodontist may adjust your archwire periodically to ensure it's applying the right amount of pressure.
Are You a Good Candidate for Traditional Metal Braces?
Both children and adults can benefit from traditional metal braces. If you're dealing with any of the following bite problems, metal braces may be the right choice for you:
- Spacing issues, such as overcrowding or gaps.
- Crooked teeth.
- Underbite or overbite.
What Are the Advantages of Traditional Metal Braces?
Traditional metal braces straighten your teeth and improve your oral health. They offer many unique benefits, including:
- Highly effective: Metal braces work well for many bite issues, including tough cases like severe overcrowding or crookedness.
- Fast-acting: Metal braces straighten teeth quickly. Specific treatment lengths vary, but most patients wear metal braces for 18 to 24 months.
- Durable: Metal braces are incredibly strong. With proper care, they can withstand daily wear from chewing and brushing.
Tips for Metal Braces Care
It's important to keep your braces in good condition to get the best results. You can care for your metal braces by:
- Avoiding hard or chewy foods that might get stuck in your braces or damage them.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth regularly to prevent food from getting trapped in your braces.
- Wearing a mouthguard when playing contact sports to reduce the risk of damaging your braces.
- Attending all orthodontist appointments to keep your treatment on track.
- Contacting your orthodontist as soon as you notice any damage to your braces.
How Much Do Metal Braces Cost?
Metal braces are typically less expensive than other treatment options and they're often covered by dental insurance.
At Goldreich Orthodontics, we offer flexible financing to help you pay for your metal braces.
Why Choose Goldreich Orthodontics?
At Goldreich Orthodontics, we help patients of all ages gain confidence in their smiles. We take a personalized approach to give you amazing results and a positive experience.
Patients in the Plano, Texas, area trust Goldreich Orthodontics to help them achieve a beautiful smile. We have the extensive training, knowledge and experience to make your metal braces treatment a success.
Contact Us Today
Schedule a complimentary consultation today to get started. We offer virtual and in-person consultations to accommodate your needs and preferences.